Zoroastrian Cuisine Tour
Tour Overview :
Cuisine tour in Yazd – Zoroastrianism is one of the world’s oldest religions that remains active.It ascribed to the teachings of the Iranian-speaking prophet Zoroaster. Many aspects of Zoroastrianism are present in the culture and mythologies of the peoples of the Greater Iran, not least because Zoroastrianism was a dominant influence on the people of the cultural continent for a thousand years. Zoroastrian communities still exist in Tehran, as well as in Yazd, Kerman, Kermanshah and Esfahan. On this special tour, our Zoroastrian local hosts invite you to visit their cozy home near Yazd and participate in their amusing cuisine experience.
What to Expect
Skip restaurants and enjoy your unique opportunity to cook & eat with Zoroastrians in Taft, Yazd. On this special experience, our local hosts invite you to visit their cozy home, where they will teach you how to make tasty Zoroastrian Foods. You will learn the art of Zoroastrian culinary by making a special dish, a local salad and their traditional bread. You will also have the chance to get a chit chat about anything you would like to know about their cuisine style and of course try your Zoroastrian dish that you make on your own.
Itinerary of the cuisine tour
- We pick you up from your hotel or guest-house in Yazd
- Drive to Taft (10km)
- Arrive at our local house in Taft.
- Then you will learn how to cook a Zoroastrian dish, a special salad and their traditional bread While cooking, you will get a chit chat with your Zoroastrian local hosts. Then you’ll enjoy the meal you cooked with them.
- We take you back to Yazd at the end of experience
3 to 4 hours
- Pick up from other areas except Yazd may increase transportation costs
- The menu may changes seasonally
- Night stay at the Zoroastrian guesthouse in Taft is available (by extra charge)
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Step by step instruction on Zoroastrian Cuisine (in English)
- Foodstuffs used in the kitchen
- Trying your Zoroastrian Cuisine
You may be interested in these one day tours in Iran: