Zavareh Pottery Tour
Zavareh Pottery Tour
A memorable one day tour in Iran (Esfahan) – Pottery is one of the oldest decorative arts, consisting of objects made of clay and hardened with heat. History of Persian pottery or Iranian pottery goes back to 7th millennium BCE. Through the centuries, Persian potters have created different styles like Susa, early Islamic and Safavid pottery. Zavareh is a historic town in the central desert of Iran which is famous for pottery, forging, carpet weaving and brick making.
What to Expect
Join our interesting pottery tour plus a historic city walk in Zavareh. You will also have a chance to chill out in the sand dunes,enjoy a spectacular desert sunset and taste freshly cooked local meals.
You will have a fascinating journey to the historic town of Zavareh and stay at a beautiful guesthouse with a Persian authentic architecture. Our professional tutor will show you how to make your clay tablet and shape your own pottery by a pottery wheel.You can make your handmade dish and combine traditional styles with your creativity as well.
Once completed, pottery dishes and clay tablets are easy to carry or put in your luggage. Take an original, enjoyable, hand-made souvenir home from your visit to Zavareh.
Important Information about this one day tour
- Pottery is a multistage process, you experience the main stages and other complementary ones will be explained during the course. In some kinds of pottery ,once you finish , the object needs to go to the oven. It may takes 1 -2 days to prepare and deliver your final pottery. In the case of unfinished processes, a pottery made by another person will be given to you.
- This tour is available in two different time-frames (one day or night stay) at the same price
Departure Point : We pick you up from your hotel or guest-house at in Esfahan.
Departure Time (one of the following based on your own selection):
- One day: 7 AM – 12 PM
- Night stay: From 2 PM to 4 PM in the next day
One day (it can take up to 24 hours upon your request)
We take you back to your hotel or guest-house in Esfahan at the end of the experience.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Free transportation from start to finish
- 2-3 hours step by step instruction on Persian pottery (in English)
- Raw Materials used in the workshop
- Zavareh town walk
- Guesthouse accommodation
- Watching sunset in desert
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Services of the guide of the program
- Delivering your final pottery
Other one day tours in Iran (Esfahan):